Tuesday 23 September 2014

Our Journey to Mastery

Thumb Print 




Hi, and welcome to my blog ! This is my first post and here we start our journey to mastery. Everyone's thumb print is unique and different; here is the shape of my thumb print. Of course it is filled with words and not lines, as there is a poem embedded in the figure. It consist mostly of my hobbies and problems I have on somewhat of a daily basis. I hope to reach a certain degree of mastery in every single one of my hobbies. Hopefully this blog is able to document all the horrific views of the road to proficiency. 

The Back round is full of flowers waiting to grow; it represents all my goals that I want to reach. I choose red because it represents all that I want to express; that red can be can either have an annoying or relaxing connotation with it. 

Every basketball practice I wish to have all my accomplishments bathed in blood, I want that uncomfortable element in order to grow. Before workouts I may be scared, nervous, or get a very nasty feeling, just like when I see blood. The solution is only to overcome that fear; that nervousness and go to the workout. However with a lighter tone of red, I express a relaxed feeling, usually after basketball practice. That beauty reminds me of a field of flowers, and that I am done for today. It is that feeling that makes me want to come back again and enjoy practice; not only for the love of basketball but for this paradise as well. I want to leave some part of me in that paradise one day, perhaps even my finger print. Lastly, and most crucial is that red is also the colour of heart. The field of flowers seems like a distant view to me, something far away in my past. The time when I use to play for fun, with my friends every single day, from dawn to night. When I was an amateur, and my heart was an ocean, compared to my skill in ball as an ant. Now it is more serious, I am sort of treating it like a job, and I hope that I can keep my heart always far away from my skill; that the love can keep me going through the hard times, yet to come... just like the vision of being nurtured is a far memory in my mind. Thus the words themselves that make up the thumb print have shadows underneath them. They might be lifting themselves up from this paradise. In to the world of unknown, filled with curiosity, powered by the dream to get better. I know it will be hard; but I expect it to be done. 

A major goal of mine is to master chess. Sometimes it may make my head explode , it makes me feel frustrated at times, especially when I blunder. So this part of my identity is confusing to read. If you truly love someone and one day they come home, angry, frustrated for some reason. Perhaps you should let them transfer some anger on to you, as it well pain them less. I do find enjoyment in chess, I don't have to win; I only like a challenge, and a hoard of complications. I find romance with the kings gambit, as it is an aggressive opening and may lead to a maze of excitement, filled with mighty chessmen. The kings gambit is so aggressive, in my opinion, that I even give a little sly laughter, within myself; almost that I am doing a very evil deed. 

Thanks for reading my first post. I will keep you updated of my road to mastery. Chess and Basketball are the prime interest in my life right now, with a many minor hobbies such as drawing, music, and gaming. I do not know the future, and my interest may change. However basketball will always stay with me forever, and I encourage everyone to try out the sport. It has taught me so much up to the point, especially the times when I play scared. As a side note,  I hope that never happens again. 

Yours truly,

















No comments:

Post a Comment