Tuesday 20 October 2015

GroundHog Day parody


This is a movie parody of "GroundHog Day". I tried to change the classic comedy to a horror, thriller-like vibe. I first started by watching a lot of thrillers as well as comedies to see the methods both genres like to use. In fact I first wanted to change "Drag me to hell" into a comedy, so I already had a lot of thriller research. After getting the thriller vibe, I started to do a rough story board. Then I watched all of GroundHog Day and recorded all the scenes I would like to use. I had to change the rough story board, as it was not fully compatible with all the scenes.

From my research from "Drag me to hell" I had a few good sound tracks in mind. I first found soundtracks from many movies like "Pawn Sacrifice", "The ring", and "Drag me to hell". Basing it of the soundtrack I changed my rough story board to a final story board. Now everything was syncopated.  

The soundtrack all have the same characteristics. They all ignite mystery to the audience. I tried to let the mind of the audience conjure the horror, rather then the scenes in GroundHog day to do it for me. I tried to choose really ambiguous scenes that really depended on the soundtrack, or previous scenes to set up the mood. Such I was able to use the new soundtrack to manipulate the true message, to my message.

Here is the original trailer:


No comments:

Post a Comment