Thursday 12 February 2015

Light bulb (illustrator)


"Adobe illustrator" vector Image 

Adobe illustrator is renowned for creating images with shape. The light-bulb may not look photo-realistic, as I was just grasping the concepts of illustrator, such as the gradient tool, and pen tool. In the end, I would say I am content with the process, but the result is not the greatest compared to the original image. Many people more skilled with the process, can make photographic copies of the original copy.

In this copy, I used to pen tool, and the gradient tool to get a basic value effect. During my experimentation, I got a better understanding of the pen tool as how it works. In the end, when I able to illustrate the highlights in a finer detail then when i first started with the contour of the lightbulb. I was able to utilize tricks, such as only using outlining half of the matter, and using Edit-Transform-reflect to do the other half. After, I played with the gradient fill to try to illustrate some basic value to the light bulb.
Original Image 

No comments:

Post a Comment