Tuesday 14 April 2015

Fiery Motivation- Weekly Blog 4


Motivation, I usually get my motivation from my failures and bad experiences,  or just from my mom yelling at me. However there always has to be something to ignite my motivation, and that flame always dies off, and I start getting lazy or not even trying to reach my goals. I do not know if it is erotic fatigue but it sparks an idea in my mind that motivation is like fire, it feels so compelling and strong in to moment, but after a week or even the following morning, there is only ashes left. I think Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls even said "My worst fear is for the flame to die off", in other words, to loose his motivation.

This makes me wonder; is there a way to keep my motivation ? That every day I use my uttermost effort to get things done, or do I have to find sources to ignite something that I already have within me. Maybe to get the maximum motivation, is like a relationship, having the goal to be apart of your life, but only doing it slowly. Maybe for getting everlasting motivation is to have an extreme degree of failure, enough to create an everlasting flame, that does not die even after you death.

There is a Chinese story, of an old man trying to remove a mountain all by himself. He digs day after day, but one day there was a traveler. The man trying to dig up the mountain amused him. He ask the man "why are you digging up this mountain, you know it will not be achieved in your lifetime?" . The old man replied "in my lifetime I will definitely not remove this mountain from this earth, but I will tell my son to continue my work, and so will his son, and after many generations, this mountain will no longer exist." (Picture from http://dreamatico.com/fire.html.)

No comments:

Post a Comment